Due to government guidelines we are not allowed to use any drills (which create aerosol and may spread COVID-19). Therefore, what we can offer is very limited at the moment.
We can only see patients who need urgently seen with the following:
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Concerns regarding oral cancer
We cannot carry out any check-ups or routine appointments at present.
Dental Services can currently not return straight back to normal. Over time- as and when government deems it safe- step by step we will be allowed to bring in other treatment types, i.e. check-ups, scales and eventually fillings which involve drilling.
If you do suffer from dental pain or have a dental emergency please contact us and we will be able to help. This might be in form of telephone advice, a face-to face appointment with us or a referral to an urgent dental care centre.
For patients who contacted us needing treatment or patients whose treatment has been postponed/cancelled: We will be in contact with you at the time when we are again in the position to offer the relevant treatment you need.
The restrictions we work under are severe and the fact that we will be able to run less surgeries at the same time to ensure social distancing put extra strain on our services. We kindly ask for your understanding and will do our best to be of help in these difficult times.
Check-in guide for your appointment
- Please travel alone where possible and endeavour to arrive no more than five minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Our door will be locked.
- Patients can only be seen by appointment so that we are able to maintain social distancing.
- On arrival please stay in your car/outside the practice and phone our dedicated check-in line on 01877 330 724
- We will then carry out a risk assessment with you. If we have not received your electronically updated medical history we will update this with you over the phone.
- Once this is complete and the dentist is ready to see you the receptionist will unlock the door and let you in.
- Please do not touch any door handles.
- The receptionist will be wearing a face mask
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands before you will be taken to the treatment room.
- After your treatment a staff member will take you to our reception.
- We accept card payment only (Debit/Credit card) to allow a contactless transaction. We will not accept cash payments.
- No toilet facilities will be available except in an emergency.
- All dental staff will be using personal protective equipment in line with current recommendations and evidence.
- If you are a patient in a vulnerable group, or are shielding but do require urgent dental treatment, we will try to book you in the beginning of our sessions where possible.